White Rust Inhibitor Programmes
Nalco Water’s patented, white rust inhibitor is a synergistic blend of passivation agents, inhibitors and dispersing agents, formulated to minimise white rust corrosion. Using this rust inhibitor programme as an integral part of a condenser water management
programmes can produce the following benefits:
- Asset protection: Extend the service life of condenser system components through improved corrosion control
- Water conservation: Operate at higher cooling cycles
- Acid feed reduction/elimination: Corrosion protection at higher pH ranges
- Condenser start/stops or weekend shutdowns: Maintain corrosion protection or reestablish full degree of corrosion protection after shutdown
- Energy efficiency improvements: Eliminate heat transfer being impeded by corrosion deposits
- Continuous collection and management of corrosion performance data
White rust can become very destructive if allowed to advance untreated, because once the zinc layer on the surface of the steel has been consumed, corrosion of the mild steel may progress rapidly.
Now there’s a Rust Inhibitor Solution from Nalco Water
Because of the impact associated with this critical industry issue for plants utilizing galvanized condenser systems, Nalco Water focused its research efforts on solving the problem. The result is a best-in-class rust inhibitor solution that leverages 3D TRASAR™ technology to inhibit the corrosion of galvanized steel.