We believe the success of our employees and the success of our company go hand-in-hand. Ecolab’s ability to attract and retain the world’s most capable talent, while deepening our relationship with existing employees, is critical to managing our operations efficiently and effectively and delivering innovative solutions for customers. We invest in professional training and development, help our employees create personal plans to achieve their career goals and conduct regular employee engagement surveys.
Learning and Development
We believe in a 70-20-10 model for learning and development, with 70% of learning taking place on the job; 20% occurring with role models, coaches, mentors, job shadowing and formal feedback mechanisms; and 10% through formal training.
We host an annual Ecolab Development Week to provide practice-oriented workshops to upgrade employee skills and advance career development. Over half our global workforce participates in Development Week programmes.
Ecolab also supports Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to foster employee development and connections and provide programmes for formal coaching, mentoring and 1:1 career development opportunities. Ecolab’s 11 ERGs hosted over 300 events across 70+ global chapters in 2020, with topics ranging from professional and personal development, diversity, equity and inclusion, healing and self-care and perspectives from senior leaders.
Learn More About Our ERGs:
The mission of the Asian Community at Ecolab (ACE) is to strengthen the company’s business by fostering active engagement among Asian affiliated associates, the company, our customers and the community. This is accomplished through professional development, cultural linkage, diverse talent recruitment and retention, and customer and community engagement.
ACE aims to:
- Strengthen cultural linkage among Ecolab Asian affiliated employees and its global work force
- Improve talent recruitment and retention of Asian affiliated employees to increase Ecolab diversity
- Provide opportunities for professional development of Ecolab Asian affiliated employees
- Encourage customer and community engagement for ACE members
BRIDGES is focused on generational understanding, advocacy and leadership of high-performing teams across generations of Ecolab associates, business partners and community partners. Its mission is to promote generational understanding as it relates to work and management style, rewards/recognition, workplace etiquette, communication style, development needs, recruiting and retention and knowledge transfer.
BRIDGES’s objectives are to:
- Improve team building and communication skills across generations
- Promote knowledge transfer from one generation to the next
- Provide networking, development and informal mentoring opportunities
- Support Ecolab’s growth and strategic plan
- Complement and foster Ecolab’s engagement culture and inclusion initiatives
CONNECT brings together young professionals across business units and functions through networking, career development events and community service projects. CONNECT reaches out to new hires with the goal of easing the transition into Ecolab and helping lay the foundation for a successful and fulfilling career.
CONNECT’s goals are to:
- Build a strong young professionals network through social events and community service activities
- Provide opportunities for new employees to establish a network outside of their core work group at Ecolab
- Host professional development events on topics relevant to individuals early in their careers
Disability Ability Wellbeing Network (DAWN) supports Ecolab’s growth by creating an inclusive culture for the advancement of associates with differing abilities and in care-taking roles, thereby improving the communities in which we work and live.
DAWN aims to:
- Foster an inclusive environment at Ecolab for all associates of various abilities and their caretakers
- Raise awareness and educate colleagues about disabilities, available resources and opportunities
- Shift mindsets to recognize the deep value of various abilities
- Support talent attraction, retention and engagement at Ecolab
E3 is a global Ecolab leadership development network that serves to foster a community that supports the company’s recruitment, development and retention of female talent. The women and men active in E3 help create a positive climate for change and advocate for an inclusive culture for all Ecolab employees. E3’s mission is to empower, engage and energize the company to measurably accelerate the advancement of women leaders to help drive business growth. Membership benefits include leadership opportunities, formal mentoring, networking and professional development.
EcoEssence provides thought leadership on issues that are important to all associates, but specifically those of African and African American descent. This group of progressive leaders is committed to enhancing Ecolab’s world class organizational status by positively influencing the recruitment, development and retention of African and African American associates
EcoEssence aims to:
- Serve as the company’s subject matter experts and go-to resource on matters related to culture, inclusion and other areas of value for associates of African descent
- Partner with corporate HR on African American recruiting, placement and retention efforts
- Serve as a resource for African American associates regarding career and leadership development at Ecolab
- Establish an Ecolab presence in local communities by engaging local organizations through volunteering activities
EcoMondo provides an inclusive international business and social network open to Ecolab associates with international interests. Its mission is to support Ecolab’s growth through the integration and development of global talent and the promotion of cultural diversity and global talent mobility.
EcoMondo enhances associate global capabilities through:
- Educational sessions led by global Ecolab leaders
- Foreign language education
- Social and professional networking events with a global focus
- Sharing work experiences with associates throughout the world
In addition, EcoMondo partners with internationally focused external organizations that provide additional education and networking opportunities for our members.
Hispanics & Advocates Collaborating at Ecolab for Results (HACER) provides advocacy and leadership to encourage the growth and development of all Ecolab associates and business partners, particularly those of Hispanic/Latino descent. HACER supports Ecolab’s business growth, particularly within the Hispanic/Latino segment.
HACER’s goals are to:
- Envision and create meaningful alliances with customers, external Hispanic/Latino Employee Networks and community-based organizations on behalf of Ecolab
- Empower our associates to participate in committees that focus on a variety of potential personal interests, such as, communications, community relations, membership recruitment, event planning, or programme development
- Enhance Ecolab’s brand and commitment to local Hispanic/Latino communities while being energized through volunteer opportunities
- Execute Ecolab’s ability to attract, engage, and develop a diverse and dynamic talent base
- Embody inclusion across Ecolab
The mission of the Military Employee Resource Group at Ecolab (MERGE) is to provide awareness, support and leadership within Ecolab for veterans, those currently serving, those impacted by military service and supporters. MERGE’s purpose is to foster a military-friendly sense of community and appreciation within Ecolab and our local communities.
MERGE aims to:
- Create a sense of internal community through service, social and recognition events
- Serve as a resource for active service members and veterans on related Ecolab policies and deployment support
- Extend the scope and presence of MERGE beyond major office locations
- Support Ecolab’s ability to attract, engage and develop military talent through support of recruitment efforts, professional development and mentorship activities
- Promote Ecolab in business and local communities as a military-friendly organisation
PLAN is a group of administrative support professionals within Ecolab, whose mission is to connect administrative and support professionals with quality learning and experiential opportunities to develop the tools, skills and relationships needed to PLAN and succeed.
Programmes and resources for PLAN members include:
- Professional development and technical training programmes which target the specialized needs of members
- Critical tools, resources and a forum for sharing best practices
- Internal and external networking events
- Professional recognition programmes and events
PRIDE is an organisation for Ecolab associates who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or allies of the LGBTQ+ community. Its mission is to offer support and visibility within and beyond Ecolab and provide an official point of contact between its members and Ecolab, including external LGBTQ+ organizations.
PRIDE’s goals are to:
- Provide a support network for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people at Ecolab
- Promote Ecolab in the business and local communities as a diverse and inclusive organisation attracting associates and driving brand association
- Serve as a liaison between the PRIDE membership and Ecolab and other organizations outside of Ecolab
- Develop a sense of community for LGBTQ+ and allied associates at Ecolab
- Provide a visible presence within Ecolab, and act as an advocate for inclusion within appropriate channels at Ecolab
- Serve as a source of information for and about the LGBTQ+ community within Ecolab
- Have fun and foster a sense of pride in Ecolab