Cooling Tower Passivation
Corrosion of metal can be prevented through the use of an effective protective barrier. It is therefore extremely important to properly prepare a surface to receive protection, then quickly and completely apply the protecting media to effectively protect that surface. Preparing the surface may be called pre-treatment or passivation.
Nalco Water offers chemistries to keep surfaces clean and protected for asset protection and less system downtime.
The 3D TRASAR® Cooling System Passivation Programme:
- Is easy to use and apply -- one-step cleaning and passivation programme.
- Can be supplied with the system's first fill or during hydro-testing to minimise flash rusting.
- Eliminates concern over calcium or iron phosphate deposition during passivation
- Does not require heavy blowdown to rid the system of phosphate prior to unit start-up/heat load
- Minimizes production downtime by providing a fast return to normal operation
- Provides an easy transition to normal cooling system operation
- Uses real-time monitoring to easily control the amount of chemicals required during passivation